The Possessive Bookaholic Devourer

Eating books for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, and everything else!

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

Nice to meet you, my name is Hailey, and I eat books for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, and everything else! You know that kid that was at your school dance, sitting in a corner reading, looking perfectly content until someone dared disturb them? That kid is one of my long lost siblings. I'd rather stay home reading and being anti-social then go to a amusement park or sled riding. Anyway, the purpose of my blog is YA recommendations. Since I can be a very picky reader I often have trouble finding satisfactory books for my taste. I can't begin to tell you the hours I've wasted browsing Amazon looking for something good to read. So, I decided to try and help all those YA readers who have trouble deciding what to read, but as I said I can be pretty picky, which is why I want YOU to give a YA book recommendation of your own. Just post a comment and tell me the name of the book and author(if you can remember) that you would like to recommend to others!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm,. . .I say read Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman.
    Or I might recommend 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will put these up as soon I can. It may take a while though, since I am rather busy this month.

    ReplyDelete

YA Book Recommendation List

  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
  • Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
  • Coffee House Angel by Suzanne Selfors
  • Candor Pam Bachorz
  • Dull Boy by Sarah Cross
  • Growing Wings by Laurel Winter
  • Give Up The Ghost by Megan Crewe
  • Just One Wish by Janette Rallison
  • Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
  • Intertwined by Gena Showalter (Sequel "Unraveled" Coming September 2009)
  • Jinx by Meg Cabot
  • Models Don't Eat Chocolate Cookies by Erin Dionne
  • My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison
  • Never Bite a Boy on the First Date by Tamara Summers
  • Never Cry Werewolf by Heather Davis
  • Never Slow Dance With A Zombie by E. Van Lowe
  • Neverwhere By Neil Gaiman
  • Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison
  • Pretty Dead by Francesca Lia Block
  • Ruined by Paula Morris
  • Violet Wings by Victoria Hanley